Thursday 9 May 2024

Stepper cards faux and not so faux

 Hello from a bright and sunny Yorkshire. 

I have been getting around to posting for the last few days but have been distracted by my cross-stitch as I aim to stitch every day in  May. 

Anyway here are a few cards with more than one fold which have been made recently.

The first one is a stepper card which I have made for my niece to send to her mum, I am early with it but it should be safe to post as I don't think that any of my family look at my blog.


I used a decoupage sheet from Craft Creations, I think it's still available from Katy Sue.
The papers are Lili of the Valley /Nitwit and the base card was precut from WhichCraft. I have lots of their cards and really need to work my way through them. The ribbon and pearls are from stash - I'm not sure why I put that because at the end of the day everything is but ...... anyway onto the next card

This one I made for my brothers birthday


Everything on this card is Stampin Up apart from the Happy Birthday which is a Timber Boutique and the little dots are Glossies from Julie Hickey Designs. The mini alphabet is really useful as it is only 3/4 of an inch high or 19mm if you work in metric, I do both as we started in inches at school and moved to metric.

Finally this card hasn't got a home yet, I might use it for happy mail


I used Lili of the Valley/Nitwits papers again, these are Bonnets and Bowties.
The stamp is one that I have had for at least 5 years and hadn't inked up until last weekend and is HobbyArt Floral Patchwork, the dotty dies are Stampin Up and the sentiment is Julie Hickey Designs.
I coloured with Copics and Spectrum Noir markers.

Now onto that stitching, I've put a few evenings work on this one this week and I have really been enjoying it. I might do a little more tonight but I also have a new start for a stitchalong.


A long post from me today so thank you for getting this far.

I am entering my card(s) at Allsorts where Liz has chosen More Than One Fold for this weeks theme.
I'll also enter at Crafty Calendar where the theme this month is Anything Goes and  last but not least to Darnells NBUS challenge for the letter dies and the flower stamp and the decoupage sheet at a pinch.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, I think we may have a warm and sunny Saturday this weekend, rain is forecast for Sunday but we can't have everything.

Best wishes
Anne






6 comments:

Chris said...

Isn't it lovely to see the sun! It's been glorious here today :)
Your fancy fold cards are beautiful and such a lovely variety of designs and images. Fabulous stitching too- love that scene with the hot air balloons and the sheep - such perfect positioning of the flowers!!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar.
Chris
x

crafty-stamper said...

Love all your beautiful stepper cards especially the first one,really feminine.Beautiful stitching too.
Carol x

Liz said...

A super collection of fancy folds card. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week with your lovely third card.
Beautiful stitching too.
Liz xx

brenda said...

What a lovely post Anne, great display of cards and fancy folds as well and beautiful needlework, thanks so much for sharing one with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Beautiful multi-fold designs and lovely sunny colours too. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Sue said...

Yay the sunshine is here! your cards are gorgeous Anne hope this weather continues lol hugs x